[ Miracles ]

A Cancer Victim's Very Special Treatment

It was June 17th, 2002 when I experienced chest pains and decided to go to the emergency room. I had been under a lot of stress because my mother was dying.

I thought something was wrong with my heart, but tests confirmed it was fine. The X-rays, however, showed something abnormal and a scan revealed a cancerous mass the size of an orange in my right lung. The doctors said that it had been there for four years.

In an eleven-hour period, my life -- and my family's -- was totally changed.

The doctors then broke the bad news to my husband and my kids. A battery of more tests was scheduled. My mother passed away right before the tests were to have been performed, so I had to postpone them so that I could attend her funeral. It was a very difficult decision to make during a very trying time, but Jesus helped me through it.

Two days after her burial, I went ahead with the tests. A biopsy of my lung came back positive: cancer!

I thank the Lord that the cancer was localized. A miracle! This cancer had been there for four years and had not spread to other parts of my body! The doctors said that they had never seen anything like it.

An operation was set for August 21, 2002. Every day before the surgery I prayed to God. My friends and family also prayed for me. I called everyone I knew to tell them how sick I was and to ask them to pray for me.

I had heard that the evangelist and faith healer Benny Hinn was having a Miracle Crusade in Toronto. I knew that I had to go, because I believed in my heart that the more prayers lifted up on my behalf, the better.

At the Crusade, I had an unforgettable experience. Benny Hinn announced to the crowd: "The Lord put it in my heart; a message to a woman who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer." To the woman, he said: "Put your hands where the problem is. The Lord wants to heal you."

I knew he was talking to me and I did what he said. Nothing happened that I could tell. I was very disappointed.

At the end of the evening, we were hurrying back to our bus (there were about 25,000 people in the building) and I then realized that something felt "different" in my stomach. The hernia, which I had for 38 years, had disappeared.

I cried and said, "Lord, I asked you to heal my lung, not my stomach." Still, I thanked Him for the healing and blessing -- and the hernia has not come back.

The next day, we returned to the Crusade. Around 11:00 a.m., Benny repeated the same words he'd spoken the day before about a woman with lung cancer. I wept and said, "Jesus, this is for me, I claim it, heal me."

I closed my eyes, and prayed, lifting my hands to Him. I saw Mother Mary and Jesus. They covered me from my waist up with a pink veil.

I felt pain so severe that I was shaking and very cold. My friends, trying to keep me warm, covered me with the only thing they could find: plastic bags!

After a while, Mother Mary and Jesus returned to remove the veil. All my pain left my body! No pain, no cold! My body felt like it was on fire! I cried with joy.

I then went to the front, wanting to testify. A woman with Benny's organization asked me what happened. She said, "You won't have a chance to testify. There are 100 people ahead of you." She stepped away, then walked back to me, took my hand and said, "Come with me. The Lord put it in my heart to bring you on stage."

I went onto the stage and testified what the Lord had done. Benny prayed for me and rebuked the cancer and thanked the Lord for removing the hernia from my body, saying: "Go in Peace, Jesus loves you, and I know you love Him, too."

Upon returning home, I went ahead with the lung operation as scheduled. The surgeon removed a part of my upper right lung. But when the doctors examined the tissue that had been removed, they found no sign of the cancer! The hand of God took it all away.

I recuperated very fast. No chemotherapy, radiation or the five-year regimen of pills. And I have been fine ever since!

My prayers had been answered that night at the Crusade. I love to share my story and want people to know that we have a Healer in Heaven, whom I call "Doctor Jesus!" I know that He's with me every moment of the day. Without Him, I would not be telling my story. He's my everything. His Holy Name is always on my lips and in my heart.

Call on Him, believe in Him night and day because He loves us all the same. He's there for us - and He's only a breath away. Invite Him into your life. Call on Him who is merciful. His healing hands are waiting for you. Trust, believe and love Him. No matter how big the problem, He's bigger.

He promised, "I will give you life in abundance," and His Word never changes.

All you need to do is say "yes" to to Jesus. He's waiting for you. God bless you.

Linda V.